Biohazard Cleanup in Huntsville – Office and Business Biohazard Cleanup – OSHA Hazwoper Certified – Small Business Guide to Common Biohazards.
Biohazard Cleanup in Huntsville
First – What is a “biohazard”?
The term biohazard refers to any type of biological material (human, animal, insect, plant or microorganism) that poses a threat to the health of a living organism. Potential biohazards can be found in your doctor’s office, in your children’s classrooms, in your office, anywhere – and should be handled with extreme caution.
When the average person thinks of “biohazard”, they typically think of the locked box outside a doctor office. That is but one example.
Common Biohazard Examples
- Human blood and blood products. This includes any items that have been contaminated with blood and other body fluids or tissues that contain visible blood.
- Human body fluids. Semen, vaginal secretions, cerebrospinal fluid, pleural fluid, pericardial fluid, amniotic fluid, and saliva.
- Animal waste. Animal carcasses and animal body parts, or any bedding material used by animals that are known to be infected with pathogenic organisms.
- Pathological waste. Human tissue, waste biopsy materials, and anatomical tissues or parts from medical procedures or human autopsies.
- Microbiological wastes. More common in laboratory settings, examples of microbiological wastes include specimen cultures, disposable culture dishes, discarded viruses, and devices used to transfer/mix cultures.
- Rotting Food – Failed or failing refrigeration, putrid food, mold, spores. Salmonella and listeria are even more serious bacterial infections that could be a result of spoiled food.
- Animal Infestations – Mice and rat infestations – Rodent dropping and urine can cause deadly Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS).
- Insects – Some people have deadly reactions to bee or wasp stings. Mosquitos harbor pathogens such as Malaria and Zika.
No Workplace is Immune from Biological Hazards.
While it’s true that hospital, lab and doctor office employees are under a very high risk, it’s also important that people working in law enforcement, coroners, medical examiners, property management, veterinary medicine, waste management, manufacturing, agriculture, office workers, daycare, child care, gymnasium workers and other professions must realize they are also at a high risk for workplace biohazards, along with any worker who has been exposed to any of the above.
Biohazard Cleanup in Huntsville – Clean Supreme
When dealing with workplace biohazards, any potential contact should be treated with the utmost care to avoid risk and harm to employees and customers. As a result, it is often best to call for help with biohazard cleanup in Huntsville – Clean Supreme.
OSHA HAZWOPER Certified Cleaning Experts – Clean Supreme
If your home or business needs biohazard cleanup in Huntsville and surrounding area, call the experts at Clean Supreme.
The Right Cleaning, Priced Right!